Making More from Milk
Two full days of opportunities to learn about what works–and what doesn’t–straight from the producers’ experiences.
Don’t miss this chance to plan the future of your business!
- $495 full two-day course
- $300 if you can only make one day
Madison, Wisconsin, USA
Held at Hotel Indigo, Madison, Wisconsin. Special block rate available through late April 2023.
May 2-3, 2023
Two companies join together to bring you this course: Global Cow and Global Dairy Outreach. To contact us:
- Jill Stahl Tyler, Global Cow (802) 254-2879; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Karen Nielsen, Global Dairy Outreach (608) 512-5040 email@example.com
Tuesday, May 2
- Introductions and goals.
- Farmer panel: ag tourism, unique marketing agreements and yogurt production.
- Behind-the-scenes: retail of specialty cheeses, with emphasis on telling the cheese makers’ stories.
- Tasting of artisan cheese.
- Lunch with a local foods emphasis, with tips from the owner on what the customers want in local foods.
- Tips from owner on what customers want.
- Marketing thoughts.
- Business planning.
Wednesday, May 3
Three great family farm visits and stories. We depart from and return to Madison, Wisconsin.
- Visit 1 (goats): Cheese and ice-cream processing, events, retail store and restaurant.
- Lunch featuring the farms’ products.
- Visit 2 (cows): Ice cream parlor overlooking the family farm, with mother & daughters working together in retail and wholesale operation. On-site milk bottling, cheese sales, on-site café, and agritourism
- Visit 3 (cows): Fluid milk, speciality milks, cheese, butter; family-owned, convention and organic dairies; cheese sales; cheese sales, on-site café, and agritourism.