J-1 ProgramTrainee/Intern Information
PROGRAM FEES–EXCHANGE VISITORS
- $950 sponsoring program fees
- $600 Global Cow program fees
- $850 health insurance for 12 months
- $220 SEVIS
- $45 shipping of visa documents
After acceptance into the program
- $200 paid monthly
- Hosts deduct and send in
During 12 months on program
PROGRAM FEES & RESPONSIBILITIES FOR HOST FARMS
BEFORE VISITOR ARRIVES
- $150 one-time charge to access full applications on website
- $500 first exchange visitor program fee
- $300 each subsequent visitor
- $250 site visit (required if host farm has < 25 employees or earns < $3 million annually)
varies from $300 to $900
To see all applicant’s information
- $7.25/hour first 8 weeks
- $8/hour for remainder
$2,300 (based on 40 hours x 8 weeks)
$14,080 (based on 40 hours x 44 weeks)
Overtime is NOT GUARANTEED, nor paid at a higher rate in agriculture.
Hourly payments must follow state requirements.
Increase after 8 weeks is based on learning gained by visitor; if host is not satisfied, host must advise exchange visitor and Global Cow of specific concerns, and specific goals to achieve the increase.
Maintenance allowance over 12 months of training
Housing should include:
- Bed, chair, desk/table, chest, closet
- Bedding, towels
- Bedroom, bathroom, kitchen (can be shared)
- Safe drinking water
- Access to cleaning materials (vacuum, broom, etc.)
- Access to washing machine and dryer
- Access to necessary storm/safety areas
- Access to a telephone
- Smoke alarm, fire extinguisher, carbon monoxide detector
Transportation provided by the host farm:
- exchange visitor needs to get groceries, supplies, attend local educational events, etc.
- pick up and return to the airport nearest to their farm.
EXCHANGE VISITOR REFUND POLICY
If applicant cancels after:
- Accepting host farm and requesting to be admitted into program, before DS2019 is issued: $600 refund
- After DS 2019 form issuance: no refund of program fees, refund of $850 health insurance only
- After Embassy appointment: no refund of program fees, refund of $850 health insurance only
- After arrival to the USA: no refund of program fees
- No refunds available if there is any impersonation or forgery.
If visa is denied: $480 of program fees will be returned and $850 of health insurance, for a total of $1,330 AS LONG AS APPLICANT PROVIDES DENIAL LETTER FROM US EMBASSY WITHIN ONE WEEK OF VISA INTERVIEW & DECISION. No fees shall be returned if applicant informs program of a visa denial AFTER the SEVIS START DATE. Prompt applicant communication is expected at all times.
HOST REFUND POLICY
Host fees are not refundable. However, Global Cow will work with the farm to find a replacement as quickly as possible, and may reduce the fees for a subsequent exchange visitor placement.
CHANGE OF FARMS
The training is specific for each exchange visitor and host farm training site. It is not expected that exchange visitors will change host farms during their year on the program. Transfer requests are considered on a case-by-case basis, and are NOT guaranteed to be approved. There are additional documentation and application forms to be completed, and administrative fees of $1200 charged to the exchange visitor. It also requires at least 30 days notice. Again, it is not expected that exchange visitors will change host farms during their year. At no time can an exchange visitor change farms without going through a complete change of farm procedure.