Dairy Dreaming has all the posts related to:
- international ag experiences
- dairy worker possible legislation in the USA
- things dairy producers might find interesting
- dairy experiences
Other blog topics include:
- SILVER LININGS. Jill started writing this column daily, in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. It is looking at how life changes under our new rules–and finding at least one thing positive, every day, in the upheaval. It’s been very well received by those who have been following it. As one reader says, “Reading your column of ‘silver linings’ has become one of my ‘silver linings’! Thank you for writing this!”‘
- EXCHANGE EXTRAS. This is a special look into the high school exchange students’ fun while in the USA.
- EDUCATION MATTERS. This more traditional column looks at family life, with a particular emphasis on how education shapes us all.
- BEAUTY OF THE DAY. Since 2015, Jill has searched for something beautiful every day, and then posted it to social media. (Follow Global Cow on Instagram to see them–or subscribe to receive them daily.)
The Australian programs report that the "world needs to calm down before we open borders." In fact, one program commented, "We now have closed borders within [different parts] of Australia, so to be honest, I have no idea when/if they will be open in 2021. Let's not...
Interest in traveling to New Zealand for an agricultural work or training experience is strong right now, according to the partners that Global Cow works with. But the New Zealand borders remain closed. "The country still maintains strict travel borders and, as yet,...
The Department of Labor (DOL) has revised and reissued a prevailing wage rule that lifts wages for H-1B, E-3, and H-1B1 nonimmigrant cases and the PERM labor certification program. Though the rule is to take effect March 15, increased wage minimums will not be...
What Are the Options? And What Works? Updated January 6, 2021 Many dairy farmers have turned to foreign help for their dairies—and been pleased. But right now, in this pandemic-specific world, is it still possible? With all the restrictions on travel, borders shut...
On December 31st, President Trump extended the ban on entry for J-1 trainees or interns through March 31st. President-elect Biden, who takes office on January 20, may or may not rescind it. Remember that it typically takes three to four months to process...
The current restriction of "essential travel only" between Mexico, Canada and the USA has just been extended, again, through December 21st. However, essential travel does allow for those with work visas to enter.
Executive orders were renewed, and the closure of borders remains through at least November 21st. However, essential workers (such as TN workers in agriculture) can still come in.
Borders have been closed since late spring. The latest extension keeps them closed until October 21st, but could again be extended. However, essential travel IS permitted, and that includes TN visa holders as a part of "essential workers".
Yesterday, on October 8, 2020, some changes were published: INCREASED WAGES. Prevailing wages for the H-1B, E-3, H-1BA and PERM programs have changed. For example, entry-level wages for H-1B and PERM cases will increase to the 45th percentile of wages for the...