Dairy Dreaming has all the posts related to:
- international ag experiences
- dairy worker possible legislation in the USA
- things dairy producers might find interesting
- dairy experiences
Other blog topics include:
- SILVER LININGS. Jill started writing this column daily, in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. It is looking at how life changes under our new rules–and finding at least one thing positive, every day, in the upheaval. It’s been very well received by those who have been following it. As one reader says, “Reading your column of ‘silver linings’ has become one of my ‘silver linings’! Thank you for writing this!”‘
- EXCHANGE EXTRAS. This is a special look into the high school exchange students’ fun while in the USA.
- EDUCATION MATTERS. This more traditional column looks at family life, with a particular emphasis on how education shapes us all.
- BEAUTY OF THE DAY. Since 2015, Jill has searched for something beautiful every day, and then posted it to social media. (Follow Global Cow on Instagram to see them–or subscribe to receive them daily.)
US-Canada and US-Mexico Land Border Restrictions Extended through May 21, 2021
The existing land border restrictions which keep travel to only "essential" for the land borders of US/Canada and US-Mexico have been extended through May 21, 2021. Air travel is open. Visa waivers may be questioned harder at the border.
World Dairy Expo 2021 Location Will Be Madison, Wisconsin
Repeating this from World Dairy Expo's own announcement... This is no April Fool’s joke – World Dairy Expo is officially returning to Madison, Wisconsin this fall! After months of meetings and contingency planning, we are confidently moving forward with plans for the...
J-1 Visa Ban Expires–Some Difficulties Still Remain
April 1, 2021: Good news, The suspension of most H1-B, H-2B, L-1 and J-1 categories (and their dependents) expires today. It had been put in place on June 24, 2020 by a presidential proclamation by President Trump. Trump extended it on December 31, 2020 through March...
Dairying in Peru
What’s it like to dairy in Peru or Ecuador? This is a question Robbie Watson is uniquely qualified to answer. Today, he owns a dairy in Peru—and another in Ecuador. And although Peru and Ecuador are neighboring countries in South America, dairying...
“Farm Workforce Modernization Act” re-introduced in US House
Thanks to the American Dairy Coalition for their alert and information Lawmakers Reintroduce “Farm Workforce Modernization Act” A temporary worker visa program for currently unauthorized farmworkers This agriculture reform bill was recently reintroduced in the House...
Mexico/Canada/USA borders remain closed
Border closures for "non-essential travel" at land borders have been extended through March 21st. Essential travel is still allowed, and the restrictions do not affect air travel.
Australia Program Update
The Australian programs report that the "world needs to calm down before we open borders." In fact, one program commented, "We now have closed borders within [different parts] of Australia, so to be honest, I have no idea when/if they will be open in 2021. Let's not...
New Zealand Program Update
Interest in traveling to New Zealand for an agricultural work or training experience is strong right now, according to the partners that Global Cow works with. But the New Zealand borders remain closed. "The country still maintains strict travel borders and, as yet,...
Wage Ruling in H1-B, E-3 and H-1B1 Visas
The Department of Labor (DOL) has revised and reissued a prevailing wage rule that lifts wages for H-1B, E-3, and H-1B1 nonimmigrant cases and the PERM labor certification program. Though the rule is to take effect March 15, increased wage minimums will not be...