Dairy Dreaming has all the posts related to:
- international ag experiences
- dairy worker possible legislation in the USA
- things dairy producers might find interesting
- dairy experiences
Other blog topics include:
- SILVER LININGS. Jill started writing this column daily, in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. It is looking at how life changes under our new rules–and finding at least one thing positive, every day, in the upheaval. It’s been very well received by those who have been following it. As one reader says, “Reading your column of ‘silver linings’ has become one of my ‘silver linings’! Thank you for writing this!”‘
- EXCHANGE EXTRAS. This is a special look into the high school exchange students’ fun while in the USA.
- EDUCATION MATTERS. This more traditional column looks at family life, with a particular emphasis on how education shapes us all.
- BEAUTY OF THE DAY. Since 2015, Jill has searched for something beautiful every day, and then posted it to social media. (Follow Global Cow on Instagram to see them–or subscribe to receive them daily.)
“Hello, Jill. Hope you are doing well and all your family members. I am too fine. Hope you are taking care during this surge of COVID 19 pandemic. It is the same even. The world has become a village. It had been a village digital but this disease has too made it...
Is the J-1 visa program still functioning? The proclamation from US President Trump was announced on Tuesday--and went into affect nearly immediately. All J-1 trainees and interns appear to be on hold at least through the end of 2020 (with an option to be extended)....
Great news from New Zealand, the New York Times reports. On June 8th, all of New Zealand declared no new infections from COVID-19—and no active coronavirus cases. Their lives are returning to a real “pre-pandemic normal”. New Zealand is home...
For more than 25 years, I’ve helped American dairy farmers find reliable help on their farms. At the same time, helped provide internationals with an opportunity to learn more about American dairy farming and our culture. This has been a great experience for both...
In honor of the love we all have for cows!! https://video214.com/play/sB89eA9OK7CseOMTDxk3RQ/s/dark
I have been thinking this early January about my very first calf, whose name was Merica. As an eight-year-old child, I liked her name. And I loved her even more. I picked her out in the early spring, and she needed to be an early January calf in order to qualify for...