Dairy Dreaming has all the posts related to:
- international ag experiences
- dairy worker possible legislation in the USA
- things dairy producers might find interesting
- dairy experiences
Other blog topics include:
- SILVER LININGS. Jill started writing this column daily, in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. It is looking at how life changes under our new rules–and finding at least one thing positive, every day, in the upheaval. It’s been very well received by those who have been following it. As one reader says, “Reading your column of ‘silver linings’ has become one of my ‘silver linings’! Thank you for writing this!”‘
- EXCHANGE EXTRAS. This is a special look into the high school exchange students’ fun while in the USA.
- EDUCATION MATTERS. This more traditional column looks at family life, with a particular emphasis on how education shapes us all.
- BEAUTY OF THE DAY. Since 2015, Jill has searched for something beautiful every day, and then posted it to social media. (Follow Global Cow on Instagram to see them–or subscribe to receive them daily.)
Executive orders were renewed, and the closure of borders remains through at least November 21st. However, essential workers (such as TN workers in agriculture) can still come in.
Borders have been closed since late spring. The latest extension keeps them closed until October 21st, but could again be extended. However, essential travel IS permitted, and that includes TN visa holders as a part of "essential workers".
Yesterday, on October 8, 2020, some changes were published: INCREASED WAGES. Prevailing wages for the H-1B, E-3, H-1BA and PERM programs have changed. For example, entry-level wages for H-1B and PERM cases will increase to the 45th percentile of wages for the...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLA6Ks207A4 Normalmente nos encontramos en la World Dairy Expo esta semana, y no es posible este ano. La unica cosa bonita de no irme a la Expo en Wisconsin es la oportunidad de ver el otono en Vermont, un estado famoso por sus colores...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_A6fVWj1rg I wish we were all at World Dairy Expo this week! A small silver lining of not being there is being able to see all the changing leaves here in Vermont. So I made a quick video of some trees here--and pulled together some...
Good news: the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) will be able to avoid furloughing 70% of its workforce through September 30. They may well come into play later this year, however. However, they believe agency spending cuts will likely increase...
August 20, 2020 The Department of Homeland Security announced that travel restrictions remain for all "non-essential travel" to the US from Canada and Mexico. This is an extension of the original decree from March 2020. Farm workers are considered "ESSENTIAL" and the...
August 20, 2020 This past week, the US Customs and Immigration Services (USCIS) ran a second H-1B cap lottery after the FY2021 quota of 85,000 was not reached during the initial filing period. Employers whose H-1B registrations were selected in the second drawing will...